Happy Saturday, friends!
Justin and I are traveling out of town this weekend for some business.
That sounds so fancy, eh?
We’re a few hours away from home for Justin’s USPA powerlifting class. (If you didn’t know, we own a gym in Hurricane, WV. It’s 1 of 2 USPA certified gyms in the state!)
While he has been in class, I’ve been back in the hotel room working on projects, going over client paperwork and mayyyyybe watching a few YouTube videos (or maybe more than a few…oops!) I took a break this morning to squeeze in a little workout, and I thought it might be fun to share for those of you who want to take advantage of the complimentary hotel gym next time you’re away from home.
When I walked in to check it out yesterday, the first thing I noticed was it was small. But that wasn’t going to stop me! You just have to be creative and willing to steer away from your programming a little.
When back home in our gym I like to superset, go heavy, and incorporate exercises that are both effective and smart. Today, I went back to the basics and a little lighter than I’m used to…but my legs and shoulders were burning and tired and my heart rate was definitely up, so I chalk it up as a winner!
Without further ado, here ya go!
What I Had to Work With ^^
- 5 minutes at 3.6 on the treadmill
- Lightweight alternating shoulder laterals and shoulder raises
2X30 (which means two sets of 30 reps)
- Dumbbell Chest Press on a Flat Bench Superset with
- Dumbbell Flys on a Flat Bench (Cutting the weight by 10lbs from my Chest Press weight i.e. Chest Press I started with 15s, start flys with 5s)
- 1 Arm Dumbbell Rows Superset with
- DB Shrugs
- Stripset (10,15,20) DB shoulder laterals superset with
- Seated, Bent Over DB rear delt rows (15,12,10)
- Stationary Walking Lunges (15X3) superset with
- DB Goblet Squats (15X3)
- Standing Calf Raises (3X25) superset
- DB Stiff-Leg Deadlifts (3X15,12,10)
- HIIT Cardio on the Treadmill for 8-10 Minutes
- Cool Down/Stretch…and you’re finished!
HOTEL POST WORKOUT MEAL:
Yesterday evening when we went shopping, we weren’t sure if our hotel room would have a fridge or not so we grabbed all non-perishable foods. This was what I came up with for my post-workout meal!
- 2 Packets Glutenfreeda Oatmeal
- 1 Packet Justin’s Maple Almond Butter
- 1/2 Packet of Vanilla Bone Broth Protein Powder
Use your hotel’s coffee maker for 8oz hot water, stir everything together and enjoy!
More Hotel Tips:
You can often get plastic silverware at the front desk, just ask! And use the cups that are usually sitting with the ice bucket as a bowl for your oatmeal!
This meal was super quick to make, absolutely delicious, and easy to travel with!
I don’t eat oats too often at home, but if I did, this little recipe would probably be a go-to for me!
I do hope y’all enjoyed this traveling how-to and I hope it serves you well as a hotel workout/workout inspiration in the future!
If you’re interested in learning more about exercise, Justin will be a guest speaker on the topic “Exercise Rx” for my “Naturally Katie’s Six Week Start-Up” lecture series beginning January 7th.
Join me for Weeks 1 through 5 to learn more about nutritional foundations and end Week 6 with Justin to gain a better understanding on exercise and how it can benefit your health.
Tickets and packages are on sale now and can be purchased in person at our gym and/or HealthSmart Teays Valley as well as online through PayPal here on my website!
Now, get off yo booty and get to working’ out!
Some of these links may be affiliate links where I receive a percentage of the sale. This income helps to continue my blogging and business efforts. Thank you for supporting me.